Friday, May 21, 2010

Thursday Thoughts - Yes I Know It's Friday


(Above image related to Super SF4, which is why I didn't write anything last night. ;P )

So I've been thinking a bit about what I do and don't want to post on here. Not just today, but this blog in general. And I've come to a few conclusions.

One. This is a blog, and I am a nobody. That means two things. One, unless I'm incredibly lucky or I'm reviewing games for other sites, I buy everything I review. And two, I don't know anything before anyone else does. So that leads me to this conclusion: posting what released on the Wii Shop Channel or XBox Live is a waste of time. And, because of that, they stop.

Two. It's a given that I'm going to review at least one game a week here, possibly more. Thing is, I don't think it's necessary for me to announce what I'm going to review anymore. Doing so makes me feel like I have to do the review at the end of the week, and doing so also makes me feel like I'm forced to do specific games. For instance, WiiWare titles. There's next to nothing on there that excites me, whereas there are anywhere from a few to a dozen XBL indie games A WEEK that make me think to myself, "I hope I have time to review this." Admittedly, they're cheaper, and I usually end up reviewing a lot of them for XBLARatings.com, so I already do spend a lot of time waist-deep in the XBLIG titles, but they do interest me more than the vast majority of WiiWare titles. So, from here on out, I'm not going to "schedule" a game for myself at the beginning of each week, nor am I going to go by some sort of set rotation. This will let me review what I want, and hopefully have more timely reviews of things that just release rather than have to wait until it fits a somewhat-flawed rotation system.

And three. Because of this, I need something new to post on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I'd like something to post every day during the work week but I have literally no interest in the copy-paste routine of saying what games came out. I'll ask the question on Twitter and Facebook as well, but here it is: what little things should I post on those days?

That's all I got for now, look for a review of Protect Me Knight later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment