Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thursday Thoughts - Where the hell did the week go?


So here I am, trying to think of something to type for my brilliant new idea of rambling about whatever on a Thursday night, and all I can think of is, "Damn this week went by fast." Lately, every time I get to the last half of the week, I feel like I'm playing catch up. This week is a pretty good example of it, as I haven't even played Invincible Tiger beyond the little bit when I first purchased it. Granted, the game isn't horribly long (most beat-em-ups aren't), but I'm still worried I'll be well into the weekend before I finish the game, let alone post my review.

In addition to that, writing for two other websites is draining my time a little more than I imagined it would. Although, I feel guilty that I haven't contributed that much to ForceDisconnect.com outside of my two weekly articles (Indie Interviews and Indies of the Week). At the start of each week, I tell myself, "this week, I'll write something else for FDC." Been saying that to myself since the end of March and it's now the beginning of May. Here's hoping I find an extra hour somewhere this weekend. Is it time to set the clocks back an hour yet? That could come in handy right about now.

Outside of wishing I had more time, the only non-review game I've been playing is Super Street Fighter IV. If any loyal readers (...do I have those yet?) have a 360 and that game, I'm always up for a match, willing we don't lag like crazy. Speaking of said game, there's another thing I want to spend a lot of time with this weekend. Not the game itself, but watching the live stream of Midwest Championships 2010 in Chicago. I wish I could be there to rep Iowa and support the crew, but work (and the bills it pays for) calls. Good luck to everyone that enters, and here's to Iowans not going 0-2 out at a major.

I'll end this with a question. Do any other reviewers out there find themselves playing less and less games, outside of those that they review, as time goes on? And, if so, how do you feel about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment