Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thursday Thoughts - The New Stuff


Well, it's Thursday, and I have a microphone, and you don't, SO YOU WILL LISTEN TO EVERY DAMN WORD I HAVE TO SAY. Actually, if I had a microphone right now, I don't think it'd do any good, considering this is text. This is going to be a short Thursday update, as it's late and I wouldn't mind getting a decent night's sleep once this week.

Between the new look and banner for the blog and the decision to change my writing schedule, I'm actually starting to enjoy this again. It's a little more work for something that I don't get paid for, but it's a lot of fun. If I didn't do it yet on here, I just wanted to thank Christie again for making the cool banner. Just looking at the thing makes me happy. Anyway, as far as the new weekly schedule, I'm curious what people think. Is there something else I should add? Is everything relevant or interesting enough to stay as it is? I'm a huge fan of knowing what others think about the weird crap I do.

I do want to justify the idea of Retro Monday on a blog about downloadable gaming.
Between the Wii's Virtual Console, the 360's Game Room, and the PS3's Playstation Network releases of PS1 titles, in addition to some re-releases on the PC and the current trend for a lot of downloadable games to purposely have a retro feel, I actually thought the suggestion for a day devoted to the games of yesterday has a place in this blog. Plus, it gives me a chance to say whether or not a game is available for download (via legal means of course, you dirty pirates) or, if it's not, how I think it'd do today. It makes me sad that the first old game I mentioned, Uniracers, has literally zero chance of ever seeing a current console thanks to a questionable lawsuit from nearly two decades ago.

Sadly, that's really all I have for tonight. Tomorrow will see a review of XBLIG shooter Retrofit - Overload for the first scheduled Four Quarter Friday, followed by a review of Gerbil Physics 2 sometime over the long and lonely weekend. If there are actually any requests for downloadable game reviews, I'd love to hear 'em. I'll even take requests from developers, willing they're alright with the honest opinion of a cranky old fossil like me.

Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment