Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday Update -- Wii Releases, This Week's Review Choice



Most people hate Mondays. For me, this week at least, it's the start of a week where I work 15 hours less than the previous week (46 from 61) and get to start writing for ForceDisconnect.com, and I can't complain about that. It's also the day Nintendo puts stuff on their Wii Shop Channel, and this week's got a couple goodies. On the WiiWare end of things we have Rage of the Gladiator for 1000 Wii Points. Best comparison would be a fantasy-based Punch Out, and it looks pretty good for a WiiWare title. Next up is Triple Shot Sports, a game for people who like to shoot targets instead of people. 500 Points gets you target practice with bows, pistols and rifles.

The VC release this week has me a little stoked, seeing as it's (Castlevania) Dracula X: Rondo of Blood. Not my favorite in the series by far as I've become used to the Metroid-style exploration in Symphony of the Night and later games but, as one of the last and best Castlevanias of the old-school style as well as the game that introuduces us to Richter and Maria, it has a well-earned place in history. 900 Wii Points buys you the T16-CD import.

This week's XBox Live Arcade review choice, oddly enough, is the new tower defense game Toy Soldiers. I ended up winning a free copy (thank you XBLAratings.com) and decided after enjoying Soulcaster so much I'd give the tower defense genre another chance. Plus, you play as toy soldiers, and there's a sniper tower. I don't know why I need to say anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment